Introducing the ISE Young Community
News: Publications from the ISE Young Community
Our Young Community continues to make progress in research, working separately and together to generate the following publications in the past two years:
Arrhythmias and electrocardiographic findings in Coronavirus disease 2019:
A systematic review and meta-analysis
Garcia-Zamora S, Lee S, Haseeb S, Bazoukis G, Tse G, Alvarez-Garcia J, Gul EE, Çinier G, Alexander B, Martins Pinto-Filho M, Liu T, Baranchuk A.
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2021;44(6):1062-1074. doi:10.1111/pace.14247
International Society of Electrocardiology Young Community
Çinier G, Haseeb S, Yeung C, Gul EE, Alexander B, Tse G, Alvarez-Garcia J, Cruz D, Bazoukis G, Tong L, Perez Alday EA, Zamora SG, Baaranchuk A.
J Electrocardiol. May-Jun 2019;54:69-71. doi:10.1016/j.jelectrocard.2019.03.001
Brugada Phenocopies: Current Evidence, Diagnostic Algorithms and A Perspective for the FutureÇinier G, Tse G, Baranchuk A.Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars. 2020 Mar 48(2); 158-166
Value of Surface Electrocardiography in His Bundle PacingÇinier G, Bazoukis G, Alexander B, Israel CW, Baranchuk A.Herzschrittmacherther Elektrophysiol. 2020 Jun 31(2); 144-150
Evaluation and Management of Asymptomatic BradyarrhythmiasÇinier G, Haseeb S, Bazoukis G, Yeung C, EE Gül.Curr Cardiol Rev. 17(1):60-67, 2021
Value of Electrocardiography in Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)Haseeb S, Gul EE, Çinier G, Bazoukis G, Alvarez-Garcia J, Garcia-Zamora S, Lee S, Yeung C, Liu T, Tse G, Baranchuk A.J Electrocardiol 62:39-45, 2020
The International Society of Electrocardiology Young Community (ISE-YC) is a new initiative that is dedicated to building a global network for young trainees, physicians, and other healthcare professionals who are interested in the field of electrocardiology. The Young Community was established in 2019 and will be coordinated by a nucleus of 12 members from North America, South America, Asia, and Europe.
The ISE-YC has a coordinator who is appointed for a 2-year term. The current coordinator is Levent Pay.
- Foster cooperation and communication between young trainees, physicians and other healthcare professionals interested in ECG.
- Promote scientific education in the field of ECG.
- Increase research opportunities and organize scientific joint sessions during the International Congress of Electrocardiology and other major congresses (ESC, ACC, HRS).
- Work towards promoting gender equity in the ISE-YC and the subspecialty at large
The ISE-YC is composed of 12_nucleus members (in the photos abiove), who are at various stages of their professional careers. The nucleus group originates from North America, South America, Asia, and Europe and will be coordinating the various aspects of community.
Who can join?
- ISE-YC membership is dedicated to physicians, nurses, and technicians under the age of 40.
- A membership to ISE is required (The fee for lifetime membership is $25).
Please click this link to become a member of ISE.
How to become a member?
Follow us on Social Media
- Follow the #ISE_yc hashtag on Twitter for the latest updates, upcoming events and meetings of the ISE-YC.
Young investigators under the age of 40 are encouraged to apply for the Bayés-ECG award which will recognize one candidate annually for their research contributions and overall publication portfolio in the field of electrocardiology.